Wind Energy Supports Local Schools & Communities
- Wind energy companies will pay >$1 BILLION in ad valorem taxes from 2003-2043, providing significant funding for local schools, Career Tech centers and communities.
- Oklahoma wind energy companies pay tens of millions in taxes each year, more than offsetting the cost of the state’s one remaining tax credit.
Wind Energy Works for Oklahoma Families
- Wind energy is the cheapest electricity for Oklahomans.
- Up to 9,000 jobs are provided by the Oklahoma wind industry. These companies and their employees support businesses across our state, creating additional jobs with further economic impact.
- Wind developers pay millions annually to Oklahoma landowners through land lease payments.
Wind Energy is Key for a Diverse Economy & Energy Mix
- Almost one-fourth of the electricity powering Oklahoma’s homes, schools and businesses comes from wind energy today.
- Wind supports our state’s diverse energy mix by working with oil, natural gas and coal as a renewable complement to our state’s diverse energy mix.